Wednesday, February 08, 2006

C'est Moi!

A Meme and a pleasant diversion, stolen affectionately from another friend’s journal. I didn’t think to do it then, but I’m glad to have done it now.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Visit Philadelphia.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My boss actually back at the bio lab, *and* my biochem. professor too for that matter!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Alas, my pioneering spirit… it withered away with the autumn leaves.

5. What countries did you visit?
Does Quaker country count?

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A friend who is a poet. (Read: Sarah is gone and has left me all alone at Penn!)
Furniture would be nice too.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 16, but I’m not saying why… ;-)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’m here, aren’t I?

9. What was your biggest failure?
I’d like to think of mine as a multitude of tiny insignificant ones that can be beaded on a string like pearls.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got a nasty email from someone that was totally unnecessary and which, I proceeded to ignore.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A three-piece suit, finally!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Again, alas, not all of us can be blessed so bountifully…

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I have a list. They’re all getting a lump of coal for Christmas.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Sallie Mae and CVS.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Oh my god, look at the size of that LIBRARY!

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
La Vie Boheme!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Ask me the same question tomorrow
ii. thinner or fatter? I lost what I had gained. In the end I was even.
iii. richer or poorer? I haven’t checked the Nasdaq yet. Hold on.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I’d always wished for time to do NOTHING.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Walking. Someone needs to buy me a car, quickly before the soles wear out.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Making Cheesecake, eating with the family, watching the Stock Market (which, stubbornly, was closed for the holidays), and then seeing the cutest boy in all the world. ;-)

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Has it been that long already?

23. How many one-night stands?
I’m made people!

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, Teen Titans, that Evolution special on the Discovery Channel, CNBC

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
*Now* you say? I think I stopped hating people after eighth grade.

26. What was the best book you read?
This year the award goes to WICKED by none other than Gregory Maguire.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mikey!

28. What did you want and get?
small things: some cash, a watch, several books, and a life

29. What did you want and not get?
I still want that 20’’ flat-screen G5 iMac.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I would have probably said RENT, if someone had only gone to see it with me...

31. What did you do on your birthday?
I don’t have a birthday. I was genetically engineered. :-(

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Just one? Don’t wishes always come in threes?
…let’s see, should I ask the Wizard for the brain, the heart, or the courage?

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
I can’t remember that far back. People still used 3-and-1/2-inch floppy disks back then.

34. What kept you sane?
As Akira Kurosawa once said, “In a mad world only the mad are sane.”

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Queen Elizabeth I

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The signing of the Magna Carta. Boy was that a big mistake.

37. Who did you miss?
Sarah, come back from Greece! America needs you!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
All the wonderful people here at Penn, but, I would have to say especially Adi, my boss, and Zeen.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Let Einstein tell you: “Insanity [is] doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Thank you for the music, the songs I’m singing…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Noel, it's touching to read you mentioning me here... You missed me while I was in Greece? I also found my livejournal--don't recognize the girl there, even if she's only two years away. How is your blog able to know that I am "currently posting as SARAH"?