Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Biotech Blues

Pfizer (PFE) is down to $21 a share. It was at $25 in the beginning of October. At the height of the mid-summer heat in June, it was at $29 a share. The stock has taken a hit but the company is actually still strong, with varenincline completing Phase III. I wanted to buy some shares of the company this week, but Sharebuilder wouldn’t let me, because it was already past 2pm Pacific Standard Time. I hate how Sharebuilder is trying to make me an investor when I’m actually more of a trader, but I have to stick with it for now because I’m still a poor college student. I have to wait till next week to buy PFE. Pfizer better stay at $21, at least until I buy it. For those of you with no shares in the biotech industry, now would be a great time to join. Biotech stocks are dirt cheap now, but they won’t be for long. Buy a couple of shares of Amgen, Genentech, or Merck; or Proctor & Gamble and Johnson & Johnson if you find prescription drugs too risky.


No comments: